Monday, September 19, 2011

Cool Tool #1: Water gun

Hi,

Welcome to the Cool Tool section of Musings of  a Tweaker. Today we have a look at a water gun (don't know the exact name but that one suffices I suppose).

Water Gun. Its pretty sober for its name though :-)

I spotted this at my favorite mill store when I was collecting some drill bits (a tool for another fix I plan next weekend). 

I almost instantly felt that it can be used to wash my car instead of using a bathing mug and a bucket. 

Yes, I wash my car myself because I don't want those paid boys mark Rosemary with spiral scratches all over the paintwork with their soiled rags.

Having used once, some pros for this tool are:
  • No more trips to the tap to re fill the bucket (usually 3-4 times per wash
  • Wetting the car with bath mug wastes lots of water. Excess water is used than needed. So water saving.
  • Time saving. No more trips to refill the bucket. No more fill-the-mug trips to the bucket. No more hauling the bucket around.
  • Control water flow and the shower type to suit the need. It has many types of flow patters switchable by rotating the front panel.
5 types of flow options :-)
Just hold the water gun  in one hand and a mitt in the other and go around the car once and you are done.

One thing of course went wrong. I took home 6m of compatible hose but that was too short so had to extend the hose by another 5m.
Hose jointing nipple
Used a hose jointing nipple and then fastened the joint with a wire tie. Neat and secure.

Wire ties to secure the hoses. Also cut the long end
Now I need to find a box to store this apparatus so that it is not lying around in the balcony or porch!

Thanks for reading this post.
You can subscribe to all the posts by clicking here: Subscribe

Update 20-Sept-2011:
The tool has really helped me to save water and time. Almost one fourth of the water that I needed earlier. This I noticed from the little pool of water left on the pavement now as opposed to earlier.

On time, I was able to free myself in less than half the time, with lesser labor, and used the extra time to wipe and clean and clean and wipe.

Highly recommended. Ask me where to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment